Browser Extensions You Should Be Using
In this list, I have included not only a list of extensions for respecting your privacy, but also just some real cool things for a few different browsers, as well as some userscripts to enhance your
experiences on the web. Note that all extensions made for Chrome will work perfectly on Brave Browser as well. Also, please stop using Google Chrome.
Extensions For Firefox/Chromium-Based Browsers
- YouTube Redux | Chromium Version
Most accurate YouTube layout restoration so far, however it does not work for some people if their accounts are being used for YouTube's layout experiments.
- ViolentMonkey Free and open-source script injector, allows you to customise any websites using either self-made or downloaded
scripts. Use this to load some of the userscripts that I have linked below.
- Ublock Origin Free and open-source blocker for advertisements and trackers.
- HTTPS Everywhere Makes sure that your browser always connects to websites using the more secure https protocol when it is able.
Will notify you if only http is available.
- LocalCDN (Firefox only) LocalCDN emulates a content delivery network in your browser, in order to protect your privacy by intercepting
- Annotations Restored Brings back the annotations function to every YouTube video which had them enabled before the
feature was sadly removed.
- WebP Image Blocker (Firefox only) Forces Google's image format (WebP) to convert to a standard format before
saving the image.
- Twitter De-Bubbler | Chromium Version
Removes the round/flat design elements from everybody's favourite site, Twitter dot com.
User Scripts For Firefox/Chromium-Based Browsers
Note to Pale Moon/Safari users: these will not work on your browser. See alternatives below.
- YouTube 7kt Edition | Screenshot
Seeks to restore YouTube to it's older UI style. Constantly updated, and getting closer to its goal every time.
- GoodTwitter 2 | Screenshot Similar to 7kt's YouTube script, seeks to
make Twitter resemble the old UI as much as possible. Works really well with the Twitter de-Bubbler extension listed above!
- YouTube - Right Side Description | Screenshot
A somewhat nostalgia inducing script that puts YouTube's description on the right side of the video, similar to how it was pre-2010. Also changes some theme elements as well.
Extensions For Pale Moon/Basilisk/Mypal
- Ublock Origin Legacy Version of Ublock made to support Pale moon and its various forks.
- GreaseMonkey Script injector, lots of Firefox/Chromium scripts do not work in
this one however.
- Complete YouTube saver Local downloader for YouTube videos. Supports mp3 and wav formats.
User Scripts For Pale Moon/Basilisk/Mypal
- YouTube Polymer Engine Fixes | Screenshot
Tweaks to increase performance of YouTube in Pale Moon (Or Chromium/Firefox) by allowing the user to bring back the old video player sizes, thumbnail sizes, and more.